domingo, 16 de diciembre de 2012

This is my symbaloo!


Using the personal learning environment when you are teaching made easier your lessons. You can have all the resources you need for your planned activities in your Symbaloo (which is a Personal Learning Environment).

With Symbaloo you create your webmix and you can have all the tools (the buttons for the tools are called TILES) that you need to use during the lesson but being effective and practical. Without Symbaloo, you have to switch on the computer, write the web page, search something and then lock for the most appropriate link. Symbaloo provides you the option of going directly to the correspondent link without losing time.

I have my Symbaloo separated in different categories. Colours and sections in the web mix separate these categories. As you can see in the following image, we can find different categories:


1-    ORANGE CATHEGORY; here is included all the professional tools that I use or check before teaching my students. I also put some links of web pages that I didn’t know about them before and I feel they are an appropriate resource a necessary in my Symbaloo.
2-    GREEN CATHEGORY: in the green category, we can find some blogs that I follow related to the education or some interesting topics like the use of the ICT.
3-    BLUE CATHEGORY: All the blues tiles are useful tools, like the calendar, the calculator, weather forecast, translator, and the access to the google page. To sum up, all the tools that we need to have them but they are not 100% necessary.
4-    RED CATHEGORY: here we will find links related to the news, la vanguardia, mundo deportivo and 324 to be updated with the news here in Spain and CNN and BBC to have access to the international news.
5-    WHITE CATHEGORY: here is my social part of the webmix. I have here my facebook account, twitter (which are not related with the education) and Linkedin and MyEF (which are more specific and related with my professional life).
6-    PINK CATHEGORY: tiles related with travelling are coloured in pink. This part is not useful for my profession, but I am using symbaloo always so I have everything I need here.
7-    BROWN CATHEGORY: everything related to buy something on-line are coloured in brown, they are not belonging to my professional life but is very useful to have them in my own symbaloo.

In my opinion, symbaloo is a very good resource and I like using it a lot. It is fast and useful and I am using it everyday so I don’t have to loose time in typing the web and finding exactly what I want to look for.  This is a very good resource which I have never been talked about and it is one of the best resources I discover in these years studying as a future teacher. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario