domingo, 25 de noviembre de 2012

MEETING INDIVIDUAL NEEDS


As future teachers we should learn how to cope with all the differences that we will find in our class groups. We have t be aware and recognize these individual differences and use methods that help them to learn in a positive way.
Of course it is very difficult and the ideal situation doesn’t exist but we can find a way to help them in feeling better and comfortable.

How can we do it?
When asking this question I can’t stop thinking about my own situation. I have dyslexia and when I was studying at school and specially when studying the English subject I remembered that I was so motivated.
The English teacher used different resources and materials, and instead of doing a normal class when teacher explain everything we used to play games, use different manipulative material and that was very helpful for me because me and the other students in the class were so motivated.
We used to do projects in small groups and I felt this responsibility inside the group, which helped me in feeling positive and better when working with the whole-class activities.
 I also did tutorials with the teacher and they helped me in expressing my feelings to the teacher because we did it individual. When teachers have these interactions with students, teachers can connect with the individualities of each one and help them in feeling secure and better.

I had been always supported by all the teachers of the school and I feel they worked very hard to make me feel better, encouraged and helped me in being what I am today.
In the future I would like to be like them because they make me feel better and comfortable and not differentiated and special like most of the teachers do.

1 comentario: